New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Service Insight and Analytics Team is seeking a Senior Data Analyst with a focus on Speech Analytics to support the New York Life’s Customer and Agent Service organization. Analytical challenges range from solutions for retaining our customer base to optimizing when and how we generate new business leads.
We work with big data ranging from demographics, transactional, external vendor to voice and text data. We are a growing team of talented professionals that aim to design, create and offer innovative data-driven solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to help build out our speech analytic capabilities and partner with other data scientist within NYLife.
You will apply your problem-solving skills to work with internal stakeholders and external vendors to deliver complex analytics projects.
You will apply your data and coding skills to ingest, wrangle and explore external and internal data to gain business insights, prepare data for modeling, build and validate predictive models, and support production deployment of models.
You will apply your data science skills to work on projects such as sentiment and text/speech analytics.
- Primary ownership and data analysis management of the Speech and Text Analytics capabilities. Subject matter expected in Speech to text tools, and analytical methods.
- Contributes to data analysis and modeling projects in Service. This includes data analyses and modeling, reports/presentations and implementation support
- Provides technical support, which includes strategic consulting, needs assessments, project scoping and the preparation/presentation of analytical proposals
- Collaborate with Service leaders to understand business challenges and devise solutions by using business acumen and mining vast amounts of data to draw insights
- Utilizes data wrangling tools and data science techniques to create high-performing models and actionable insights to address business objectives and client needs
- Assures compliance with privacy requirements during design and implementation of modeling and analysis projects
- Actively participates in proof of concept tests of new data, software and technologies. Shares knowledge within the Service Insights Team
- Follows industry trends and related data/analytics processes and businesses. Attends conferences, events, and vendor meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required, with Master’s degree highly preferred; concentration in statistics, math, economics or engineering
- 5+ years of diverse data analysis experience working in a cross-functional, global team setting
- 2+ years of experience with speech analytics solutions
- Programming experience with SQL required.
- Programming experience with at least one of the followings: Python, R, SAS, or similar language is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization (e.g. Tableau), is a plus
- Experience in sentiment analysis, advanced text analytics skills such as applying word embeddings in predictive modeling, a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in creating effective and visually appealing PowerPoint presentations and presenting to all levels of leadership
Apply at company website (link below):
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.